Thursday, January 22, 2009

Warning...

So, last night I had just climbed into bed ready for some sleep. I had only been laying there for a few minutes and I get a text message. I am thinking to myself..who is this..it is 10:45 p.m. I open the message and it says "Please call us immediatley at 1-877-419-6529 regarding recent restrictions placed on your Chase account. Well, I do have Chase credit card but why are they sending me a text? From my education and many years experience in the finical world I know not to call them back at the number they list in the text message. I climb out of bed and go log on to my account...humm...everything looks normal. I found a contact number for Chase off of their website and call them up. Sure enough...the text was not from them. I have heard stories about things like this happening to people and I guess finally it was my turn. So, just a word of warning...don't call them back at the number they list. Also, if you get an email with a link don't click on it. It will take to a fake website and they try and get your personal info...it is called phishing.

5 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

That is so scary! Too bad you can't trust people anymore.

Sarah Jane said...

Crazy, I can just see you in bed getting all riled up! Good thinking to call the Chase number from the website.

Ericka said...

Yikes...I would probably be one of those people who would fall for something like that! Good thing you were so careful. I love the pic from Hardware Ranch...so beautiful!

keli b said...

oh man that is crazy. good thing you did your research!!

Melissa said...

Tony ended up cancelling our chase card for transactions in Europe. Someone stole our number (probably the Kirby guy)was using it overseas. We have the fraud protection plan now... This stuff is real.