I get this question a lot- what did you guys do for the weekend? Lately it I answer with...we went to Idaho. Yes, my parents do live there and we have been helping with a major project. So, I thought I would document our progress so far. It isn't done yet..and we have not been the only ones working on it. But I will show some of the stuff we have done over the summer.
Let me give you a little back ground about this place. This building was moved to this this property back in the 70's. Most of it was built in the 1920's. My parents purchase the property 7 or 8 years ago and ever since we have talked about fixing the place up. Well, this was the year we final did something about it and in April the project began....
Before Picture. Not the best picture because it doesn't show the whole building but you get the idea.
This picture was taken in May. At this point the building was totally gutted and we had to fix all of the bad construction issues...there were many. We were surprised that the building had not fallen over.
We had had to rebuild this wall totally. It took the tractor to lift it!
At this point the windows and doors are in place. The deck is ready to go on
before we can start the cedar siding.
After two long days we had the all of the posts and beams up!
Derik having a blast using the beam saw!
A peak of the siding going up.
The siding is pretty much done I just don't have an updated picture.. The painter is working now and we hope that Mark will be here next week to start the tile. It has been a fun project but we are glad that we are getting close to done. We hope it is finished for Christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment