Tuesday, October 27, 2009

City of Rocks

We spent the last good weekend of the season camping
at the CITY OF ROCKS.
It was so much fun!
Derik took work off early and we arrived mid afternoon.
We could not have asked for better
weather. Friday evening we took a short hike
in to the "inner city" it was so beautiful. 
Even though I grew up coming to these huge rocks
I had no idea about all the hiking trails around them.
Jared and Melissa let us borrow their backpack.
Reese had so much fun in it! Thanks so much.
The above photo is on our way into the "inner city"

We stopped and took this photo on a trail to the "inner city".
It was amazing. You would have never thought that
we were in a desert by how beautiful and lush everything was.
Also, it was nice hiking weather. I don't hike in the heat!
This picture is up on Bath Tub.  My parents and Grandma Nelson came
up to help with Reese so that we could climb up it.
The sun was just getting ready to set and it was awesome.
We then went to the OUTPOST for dinner.
They were so busy but it is well worth the
wait because the food is so good.
Also, you can't go to the OUTPOST
and not get pie. I highly recommend the
Banana Cream or Coconut Cream. Divine.
We topped off the evening with a nice soak 
at Durfee Hot Springs.

Saturday we enjoyed another short hike. This is in front
of Table Rock. Then we were off to the Ranch
to check on the deer hunters.
It was a fabulous weekend.

2 comments:

Lu said...

Next time I'm home I'll have to get some grub there. I've heard it's pretty tasty. Glad to see all is well w/you!

Sarah Jane said...

How fun! I laughed at your comment about you not hiking when it's hot because I was thinking, "I don't hike at all!" I miss you and hope you guys are doing well!